May 25, 2010

Who Doesn’t Love Fresh Flowers?


Why, as women, do we just die when someone sends us flowers?  I love the line in You’ve Got Mail where Meg Ryan’s character says, “Don’t you think that daisy’s are the friendliest flower?”  I think they evoke joy in me.  When I look through my design magazines (see Guilty Pleasure…Anyone?) I take note of the way the rooms are staged.  Have you noticed that in the kitchen they always set the table with beautiful china and what else…fresh flowers.  I remember watching MTV Cribs years ago and they showed Pamela Anderson’s shabby chic beach house.  She mentioned that fresh flowers are delivered every week.  While that may be a little excessive for most of us, I think a great  floral display in your main room and maybe one in your bedroom is just enough to keep you smiling all day.

These arrangements are from Utah Style & Design.