November 2, 2010

Mood Board

I never seem to be able to talk about creating without talking about inspiration.  Before I start a project I like to put together a little inspiration page.  This contains pictures of color scheme, theme and overall feeling.  I find that my inspiration helps me to stay on point with the pages I create instead of finding myself somewhere completely different than where I wanted to go.  When it’s your job to be creative everyday you find that there are days when you are feeling completely uninspired and everything you design just doesn’t work.  My husband worked in a marketing and advertising agency for a while and the first thing they did when they had a new project was create a ‘mood board’ with all the things they thought the client wanted to portray with their brand.  I love this idea and think it really helps when creating.  Here is an inspiration page I created for a Colombian missionary album.