August 16, 2010

Fulfilled Craving

Well finally I made some cupcakes to fill my craving.  I love the site allrecipes.com, they have thousands of recipes and people give reviews, offer suggestions and also submit pictures of the finished product.  This really helps a cook like me that needs all the advice in the kitchen she can get.  I found this coconut orange cupcake recipe and was excited when I noticed that I had almost all the ingredients in my cupboards.  I like recipes that don't require you to go buy the whole world to make them.  Anyway, they turned out so yummy.  They are light and fluffy, really easy to make and are pretty when finished.  I highly recommend them to everyone with a cupcake craving.


Coconut Orange Cupcakes

INGREDIENTS:
1 c. sugar                                             3/4 tsp. salt
2/3 c. vegetable oil                            1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges
2 eggs                                                  1 c. vanilla or white chips
1 c. orange juice                               TOPPING:
3 c. flour                                              1 c. flaked coconut
1 Tbs. baking powder                        1/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda                             2 Tbs. butter, melted

DIRECTIONS:
In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs and orange juice; mix well.  Combine dry ingredients; stir into orange juice mixture just until moistened.  Fold in drained oranges (I cut in half) and chips.  Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.  Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over cupcakes.  Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Yields 2 dozen