August 4, 2010

Glorious Craving


Do you ever watch a movie or TV show and someone’s eating popcorn and then for reasons you can’t control you just have to have some.  Even if a few days go by and I haven’t filled my craving I still want popcorn.  I mention popcorn because it seems to happen a lot with this salty snack but I have also craved chips and salsa, ice cream, pizza and cupcakes.  Recently I have been watching those cake making shows on TLC and because I rarely have cake unless it’s someone’s birthday I started to crave it.  More specifically orange cupcakes with an orange frosting/glaze.  I know this is a really specific craving (and don’t act like you haven’t had specific cravings before) but I just can’t seem to move past it.  I think cupcakes are such a fun treat and its not easy finding excellent cupcakes in bakeries and we all know it’s not worth the calories unless it’s excellent.  Although there is one bakery that gets my stamp of approval, and yes, I am an expert on anything sweet.  Twenty Five Main in St. George, Utah makes the best cupcakes I’ve had – their coconut cupcakes are to die for!  You have to check it out if you’re ever in the area.  Well it’s been two days since my craving and I’m on the hunt for the perfect cupcake recipe.  Wish me luck!